Saturday, May 21, 2011

ONLY GOD HIMSELF KNOWS

    I had just settled in for a nice quiet nights sleep last night. It had been a busy day and I was ready for my pillows. I kissed my husband goodnight and pulled the blankets up over me. My eye lids started to close and life was all good. "MOM…MOM WAKE UP. MY FRIEND JUST SENT ME A TEXT MESSAGE…..THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END!!!!" I jumped out of bed to see what the ruckus was all about.
    Apparently there is a man who is the founder of the Family Radio in Oakland, California. He is an eighty- nine year old man named Harold Camping. He has studied the bible for years and has come up with this prediction. The prediction being that the world will end May 21st, 2011. He says that there will be an earthquake bigger then the one that Japan had. He also states that this will be just the beginning of the end. Events will take place over time and it will officially end October 21st, 2011. It had been broadcasted on the news and on billboards all over the United States. I had been to busy too even hear any part of this news.
    I quickly reassured my daughter that she had nothing to worry about. First of all if God came it would be a blessing for all of us that know him. To which she replied. "Yes it would mom, but not yet.. I am going to Camp Medeba on Wednesday." I thought to myself that is a normal request. I remember as a child my thoughts were. No God can’t come yet, I want to get married and have kids. Now I often think, "Yes it would be amazing to be in heaven but I want my kids married. I want to see my Grandchildren. The fact is…God will come again in his time.

"But about that day or hour no one knows,

not even the angels in heaven, not the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 24: 36

    So no one knows when Christ will come except for God himself. So many times people figure they have studied the bible long enough and they have all the answers. Obviously they did not study it hard and long enough. This simple little verse says it all.
    Instead of studying on the actual date which no one knows would it not make sense to study the bible and get to know God more. To know what we need to do to be ready for his return when it finally does happen. I myself am looking forward to that day when I come face to face with God himself. That day will come in it’s time. Next time you hear a prediction like this, instead of panicking or worrying. Just sit back and take a look at your life. Use it as a reminder.. God will come again one day. If you are ready you have nothing to worry about. In the end the importance is not when but will you be ready?



1 comment:

Wesley DeVries said...

Great post Rose! James says it very well "If the Lord wills we shall live and do this or that..."
I really enjoy living for Jesus on their earth, but I'm looking forward to the day where all things are made new. Until then we need to lead as many people as possible to put their trust in Jesus.