Saturday, June 25, 2011

JESUS LOVES THE OUTCAST

      Recently we attended a couple of function. These function had a lot of Christians at it. One thing that stuck in my mind was the favoritism and the sense of not belonging. Don’t get me wrong it was not by all. There were many tables of different people. As you looked at the tables you had the idols. When I say idols I mean infamous popular people. The ones that had no time for the outcasts. If you had put any of the outcasts at their table they would have probably been offended as they did not want anyone but their group of people at their table. Then you had the outcast table. These people were amazing people, All very interesting and probably more enjoyable then the stuff shirts. I was a little offended myself that people think they are so much better then others. People seem to take first impressions on some people. They don’t take the time to get to know others. They don’t take the time to see people for who or what they really are. They are too busy in their own little circle.

      I find this to be very sad because this gives a bad example for an unbeliever. Are the outcasts not important enough to reach out to? I have to admit I am usually the outcast. It really bothered me until one day my friend pointed out that Jesus himself was an outcast. Not because he was not popular or he did not have things. He was an outcast because he hung out with the outcasts. Jesus loved the outcasts.

      When I look back in these many situations when he had so many opportunities to turn the outcasts away. He never did. I think that maybe because the outcasts were the more humble when they came to him. Jesus loves the humble. He loves the ones that have no pride. Look at the many people he was with in his life. He hung out with the poor, the prostitutes, the tax collectors. He hung out with the low lives as others saw them. How did Jesus see them? He saw them as perfect lovable people. He saw them as being great.

Jeremiah 39:17

But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’



      If you find yourself to be an outcast remember, when people treat you as an outcast it may hurt you, It may cause many scares but God promises to come and to heal all our wounds. You can allow these things to make you bitter or you can open your hearts and allow him to heal you.
      Many times in life I have been treated like I was not worthy. My friend really made me look at the facts. I don’t have money. I may not always be perfect. I may not be the size and shape everyone thinks I should be. However I am willing to be a work in progress and I am willing to allow God to use me in anyway he can. God loves me and his opinion is all that really matters.

      In the end will those idols opinions matter to me? No because they do not choose my destination. I want to encourage you to remember next the time you feel like you are an outcast, or the next time you put someone in the outcast position, rethink your thoughts because God loves the outcast. I encourage you to either look at Jesus life. Don’t point fingers. Take the time to get to know that person. You could be turning away a great chance to lead that person to God. God could have a plan for that person’s life and it could begin with you. Stop being an idol and try being the outcast for once. God will bless you greatly because he loves the outcasts.

No comments: