Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WEEDS

Have you ever noticed no matter how many times you weed your garden, The weeds just keep coming back. I just weeded my garden about two weeks ago. I was careful to get all of the root because I knew if I did not get the root, they would soon grow back. My garden looked so beautiful. The plants were full and beautiful flowers had started to open. No weeds a garden without flaws. That was until a couple of days later. Then I noticed that there were weeds back already. Before long I noticed my poor garden was over come by weeds once again. In order for my garden to be free of these pesky weeds I must pull them daily. If we do not pull them the plants will soon wither and die because the weeds suffocate them and eventually will kill them.

This reminds me of our lives. There are many weeds and thorns of life that grow around us daily. It all depends on how we deal with these weeds as to what the outcome is. There are many things that grow like a bad weed. Maybe you have been hurt by someone and you can’t let it go. Maybe you have lost a loved one and are mad at God for taking them away. Maybe it is just the worries and stress of life in general. It can be many things. These weeds grow around us and become bigger and bigger. I know that one weed that can grow in my life if I allow it to is insecurity. I grew up in a very large family and I always had a sense of not belonging. I was bullied at school and I was always told by many that I was nothing. I was abused by people many times. After a while it breaks down your self esteem. As a teenager I tried to take my own life a couple of times. I did not want to live, No one cared about me so why should I. Even though I  knew God, the weeds of the world had over taken my vision and I was being suffocated by the world. The worlds image is that you must be of a certain weight, size and you must be good at everything or you are a nothing. I never fit into that criteria. And that was my thorn for the longest time. From time to time Satan tried to get that weed in there by striking my insecurities. However my gardener is more powerful then any other. I just lift my hands towards heaven and he deals with it.

It is important when we deal with these weeds in our lives that we get to the root of the issue. We can take only the top off, However it will only grow back.

Has your life become full of weeds that the enemy has planted? Are the worries and stress of every day life choking you. Do you have weeds that need to be pulled? There is a root to every weed. Maybe it is bitterness. envy, unforgiving, complaining or the root of jealousy. Some weeds may have a longer rooting system. They may be harder to pull and deal with. Remember…..You are not alone. God is standing by your side with the hoe ready to pull each and every one of those weeds from your heart. God is crazy about you. He loves you and he knows how beautiful you are. He is your best friend. He will never let you down. People in this world will fail you. Things in your life will hurt you. But God will never hurt you or reject you. God is so amazing that as I allow him to heal me and to help with these weeds he removes each and every one of them. He removes them through his word and prayer. He uses others around me to uplift me and to make me fell like I belong. I am loved because I am a child of the king. I love because he first loved me.

If you have any weeds in your life. I pray that you will open yourself up to God and allow him to show you them and to help you deal with them. He wants to pull each and everyone of those weeds to help us to be as beautiful as we can be.
When we deal with the weeds and their roots, we can become that beautiful garden without flaws.

No comments: