Thursday, February 20, 2014

God's Perfect Masterpiece


Look out your window…. What do you see?


I see a reminder that I am loved. As I look out my window I see a big tree full of snow. I see a perfectly shapes heart out of snow that is positioned sidewise on the trunk. Some people would look at that clump and snow and say yuck more snow. I look at the clump of snow as a reminder that I am not alone. I am loved.

I have really had a hard couple of weeks. I had picked up the flu bug last week. I forced myself to get into work. It has not been overly busy so at times we were allowed to leave early. I took every chance I could rest and get better. This week has been a stressful week due to certain situations and people around me. I felt like there is no way I will make it through this week. I was so happy to make it to my day off.

This morning I woke up and went for a little walk. I stepped out of my door to see the tree out front of my home. Every tree trunk had snow on it but this trunk was different. The snow was shaped in a perfectly shaped heart. I paused for a moment and looked at it. I felt such a piece as I realized that it does not matter what peoples image of me are. It does not matter if people tell lies about me or do not agree with my opinions. God loves me.

Snow is not always the greatest and with winter it is a long hard time for some. However when you look out at the snow what do you see.

Have you ever looked out at your window at night? It is dark however as the light hits the snow you see sparkles. It looks little diamonds.

Have you ever looked out your window after an ice storm? It is such a beautiful image. Everything looks like crystal. It looks like a glass fortress. I remember one storm this year. I looked out my window in the morning to see what the roads were like. We had just had an unbelievable ice storm. I said to my husband. “Wow look at it out here. It is so beautiful.” My husband looked at me strange. I turned to him and said I know it is dangerous time for commuting and all but it is beautiful.

God gives us many blessings around us every day. Sometime life goes by too fast for us to realize the gifts he is giving to us. Sometimes it is in our nature to look at the bad in everything and not take the time to sit back and see the good. This winter has been a long winter. For some it is so hard to get through it. Just remember that winter is a time of hibernation and rest. With the business of life we may not have time to hibernate. It is hard to take time to rest.

I want to encourage you to stop for a few moments and concentrate on the beauty around you. Take the time to sit back and look around you. You may be able to see the gift that God is trying to share with you. I also want to remind you that God loves you. We are also his masterpiece. He has a plan for each and every one of us. He has a plan for each of us. He loves us and he only wants the very best for us. God thinks we are worth so much. The bible tells us that he even knows the number of hairs in our heads. (Luke 12:7)

We are one of God’s precious masterpieces.

No comments: