Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Will you be Ready???


As I sat here thinking on what to write today all that came to my mind was "Be Ready!"


I don't know about you but I like to be ready for any trip that I go on. I find myself making lists of things that I need to do. The night before I check this list not once but several times the night before. I leave everything together at the door so I can grab it with ease the next morning. I want to be ready.

This should be like our life. Many people try to avoid the thoughts of them passing on and meeting Jesus.

Matthew 24:24
Therefore you also must be ready, for in an hour when you least expect, the Son of Man is coming.

We need to be ready because we will all have that day where we are held accountable for our lives here on earth. It is our job to be ready. 

In the last few weeks I have had to say goodbye to a couple of men in my life. These men where not just ordinary men but were men of God. They had worked hard to prepare for the day when Jesus came knocking on thier door. When they would finally see Jesus face to face. These men where great mentors to me growing up. They loved people and more importantly they loved God. God reflected through both of these men. If anything I learned how important it is for us to be ready.
I know that without a doubt both of these men are finally reeping thier rewards in heaven. They worked for the day where they would see Jesus face to face.

When I think of both of these men. I am reminded how important that we leave nothing undone. That we live a life that is kind, generous and truthful and honorable to God. I am reminded that forgiveness is also a great value. I am reminded that I need to live a life that is pleasing to God and is an example of those around me.

Hebrews 9: 27 tells us that it is appointed for man to die once, and after this judgment.

If God were to come for me today would I be embarrassed of my life or would I stand before him and hear "Well done good and faithful servant."

Mathew 25:13 tells us to keep watch for we do not know the day nor the hour of which he comes. We need to be ready for our meeting with him.

My point here has nothing to do with "If God returns" but "When God returns."

God has given us a list to follow. The list is the Bible. We need to read it and check it daily. Just like those lists that I mentioned earlier. We need to check his list several times to make sure that we are ready.

He will return for us at any given moment and when he does the question is...

Will we be ready?

No comments: