Thursday, April 14, 2022

Success


 If I was to ask you what the meaning of success is to you, what would you say?


Some people tend to see success as the job you hold or the big bank account. They may see it as being famous, or having the perfect family. For some success is defined by our ability to either juggle all the demands of life or control what happens in our lives.

  The true meaning of success comes is in our friendship with God and how deep we trust Him. 

I have learned this firsthand. I’m a very motivated person and I try to give 100% in all that I do. I was raised to strive for perfection and that is what I do.  However, there came a time in my life when I had to let go of trying to make success happen and start being available to what God had for me. That meant setting aside my desires and waiting on his timing. 

I remember wanting a career and wanting things that just never seemed to happen like I wanted and the timing was never right. I was at home taking care of the girls and my family. I loved being with them and I would never take the time I had with them for granted. However , I wanted a career and I wanted to do things for me too. To which God said "Not yet."

I had to wait for God's timing. This meant waiting on God to lead me in the right direction. Once my children grew up God began to open the doors for me. I went back to school and started a career. I finally had the desires of my heart. Now I have a career and I feel so blessed to have the job I do.

When we surrender our hearts to him our cry can then be “Here I am, God. Use me however You choose.”

I don't know about you but for me I would sooner be in control and for me to reach a place of surrender is a challenge.

The good news is once you surrender it takes the pressure off of success. You no longer have to be responsible for it. You can focus on being faithful to God, he will handle the success part.  You will then be able to reap the blessings of everything that he is doing in you and through you.

Jeremiah 29:11 says

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

He is the one who can be trusted with all of our dreams and desires. When we surrender control it will increase our trust and we can take comfort in knowing that he will work all things for what is best for us. 

No comments: