Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SNOWFLAKES

Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything beautiful in its time."
    I woke up this morning to a phone call saying, "No buses… Snow day today." I continued to get up and continue on to my normal duties. After putting a load of laundry in the wash machine and getting myself some breakfast, I sat at the kitchen table and watched the snow hitting the kitchen window. I began to watch each snowflake. Snowflakes can be pretty fascinating at times. They were all different sizes. Some looked like delicate lace. Others looked like they would withstand anything. Some reminded me of shooting stars. Shiny and bright. But they all had similarities in them. All of these snowflakes had 6 points. All snowflakes are made up of hydrogen and oxygen molecules. They were also all symmetrical in shape.
A snowflake is formed when a particle of dust that ice has collected around. It then floats from the atmosphere. This tiny particle has many imperfections. It may seem like nothing but it can form into a beautiful snowflake. Without it’s existence, the snowflake can not form. . I looked out and continued watching these snowflakes fall and then an amazing feeling came over me. The snowflake is quite a work. God and snowflakes are a small hint of how much he loves all things. He goes to this much trouble for something that will never be seen or appreciated almost 100% of the time.

    It made me think of the many differences between people. God created us all. The snowflake is very unique. We too are also very unique, We come in many different sizes and forms. Some have different outlooks then others. We all have flaws and faults. God formed each and every one of us. He made us according to his will uniquely and perfectly, just like the little snowflake. Sometimes we take God’s great creation for granted. The snow was a reminder to me that if he cares this much about something that only lasts a few seconds, how much more does he feel for me. I want to encourage you to sit back and think of all the great things God has done for you. He is crazy about you. He loves you. You too are like the snowflake, uniquely and perfectly made.

No comments: