Sunday, February 16, 2020

Fishers of men



Come, Follow me, Jesus said, “ and I will make you fishers of men. “ Mark 1:17


    I remember my girls first time out fishing. Sarah spent forever to catch her fish. Finally after much persistence, she finally hooked a good sized bass on her line. She was so excited. She bounced everywhere. She looked at me and said "Mommy I can't believe it. I caught my first fish. And it is a big one too."

This fish had been nibbling on her line all afternoon.. She had finally caught that fish. She was so excited. Until I turned to her and said. “Awesome stuff now we have to clean it.” Her little face dropped at the thought of doing this deadly task.After much thought she turned to me with eyes wide open and said "No Mommy. I don't have to clean them that is Daddy's job." She then turned around and handed the fish to Chris and said "Here Daddy, you clean them." She was so intent that her father was going to clean the fish for her. She had no reason to do it.

    This is like us as Christians. We are the ones out there setting examples and enticing the fish for God. It is our actions and our lives that God uses as the bate. As we set that example the unsaved start to see things through us. That is in the end what brings them to God. They want what we have. Soon they come to know God in a personally way. And then the deed of cleaning them comes. The best part of it is … We don't have to do the job of cleaning.. That is our heavenly father's job. We are there just to pray and to lift them up before God. We are there to encourage them and to continue to walk in faith. Faith that our father will tend to the rest. Sometimes it is hard for us to understand the difference between catching them and cleaning them. But we catch them and the rest is up to God. He will show them things and clean them in his time. It is our job to love them and pray for them and leave the rest up to our father who will clean them. Just like Sarah did when she caught her fish. It is Daddy's job. Here Daddy you clean them.

Lord help us to hand the fish over to you for cleaning when we catch them

No comments: