Friday, February 21, 2020

He Does Not Sleep




   As a parent I have always protected and watched over my children. I remember one night when my kids where younger there was a storm coming through. I remember suggesting that we have a sleepover in our basement.  I just wanted to take extra precautions just in case. All night I lay listening to the winds blow and the thunder roll through. But it was my job as a parent to protect my family. Over the years there have been obstacles that the girls have gone through, where people have hurt them. It is automatically my responsibility to jump into action and protect them to make sure that no one hurts them again. Although this is a task that I know I am unable to do sometimes I will always be there in some way for them. When they where out with friends I would lay awake until I knew they were home safe.

   This reminds me of God's love for us. We may not be able to avoid the storm, however he is always there to protect us. He does not sleep but he continues to watch over us. He may not be able to stop people or situations from happening but he will always walk through the storm with us
.
Throughout Psalms 121 it reassures us that God is our guardian and our protector.
In verse 3 and 4 it tells us that he will not slumber. It goes on in verse 7 to say that 

"The Lord will protect you from all harm; he will protect your life."


No matter the storm or challenge we can always take comfort in knowing that God has it under control. He is always there. 

No comments: